1. What are some early warning signs of type II diabetes and obesity?
- Increased hunger, yet feeling fatigued
- Frequent urination
- Continual thirst despite drinking extra fluids
2. What is the ideal blood sugar level for pre-meal fasting blood sugars?
65-110 mg/dL; once you start going over 111 mg/dL but less than 125 mg/dL you are in impaired
fasting level you are at risk for diabetes.
- Once it’s 126 mg/dL or higher at two different times (you must check this twice), you have a
diagnosis of diabetes.
3. Is type II diabetes hereditary?
- Yes. A combination of more than 50 genes raises your risk for type II diabetes. Therefore, it’s important to know your family history for type II diabetes.